A Little About Me

Hi, I am Heather Hamilton, and you can find me in the main office of the Trades and Technology.  I have been working for the School of Trades and Technology since the early 2000s.  Women in Trades, community-based training, industry, and workforce development are just a few of the program areas that I oversee, as well as the regional centres.  I am passionate about the trades and the opportunities it offers people to develop meaningful careers and even start their own businesses.  I come from a family of tradespeople and teachers.  I have some carpentry experience which was developed while building houses alongside my dad.

I went to BCIT and worked towards my Bachelors of Business Administration while employed for a natural gas company in downtown Vancouver where I worked in commercial marketing.  I moved to Kamloops in the mid-1990’s and have worked at TRU since that time.  My husband and I both love the outdoors, as do my two daughters.  My favourite times are wandering up and over mountains, far from roads and crowds.

Falling Down Lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos - Find & Share on GIPHY

Make sure to drop by and say hi!